The Norway Knights Athletic Booster Club has been in existence for many years. The purpose of the club, according to its bylaws and mission statement, is to “promote, foster, develop and encourage athletic activities in the Norway-Vulcan Area School System”. The main way we do that is to fundraise to supplement the Athletic Department’s budget. The Booster Club and its fundraising play a crucial role in providing the quality athletic programs our Norway athletes enjoy. Besides running our concession stands as a convenience to the parents and fans that attend our sporting events, there are many other things planned by or funded by the Booster Club on an annual basis.
• The annual sports banquet
• Scholarships to athletes (funded entirely by proceeds of our 50/50 draws)
• Team travel and lodge
• Equipment/electronics requested by the coaches to supplement the athletic department’s budget
• Year-end team parties and recognition
• Parents nights, honoring varsity players and their parents
President: RaeAnn Seat
Vice-President: Angela Anderson
Secretary: Jen Adams
Treasurer: Kristi Cazzola
• Meet on the 3rd Wednesday or each month at 5:30 pm in Norway High School’s Room 125.
• The club is comprised of volunteer parents and other sports fans
• There are no dues to pay – just show up and join us in supporting our athletes
PARENTS, PLEASE NOTE: Due to the many, many sporting events scheduled, the Club asks each parent of every athlete to work one concession stand or 50/50 shift, per athlete, per sport. Parents are assigned to one or more games (depending on the number of athletes you have and the number of sports they play) and will be notified by letter of your assignment. Parents are asked to find themselves a replacement if they cannot work their assignment, but club officers will assist in finding a trade or replacement worker if necessary. Please notify someone if you cannot work your assignment. Do not assume that others will be there to cover for you, as scheduling enough workers has become increasingly difficult through the years. Please do your share~!